Clinical Benefits for Skin Protection:
- Immersion: The contoured shape of breathable gel-infused foam provides maximum surface contact for the posterior lower extremity.
- Off-loading: High-risk heels and ankles can be safely off-loaded with pressure redistributed along the calf area. All contact surfaces are contoured to promote even weight-bearing, and gel-infused foam edges reduce the development of pressure points.
- Friction and shear reduction: The highly immersive gel-infused foam top layer reduces any contact with firm surfaces/edges as clients move while sleeping. Cooling properties of the gel-infused foam and breathable cover fabric reduce temperature and humidity buildup to decrease the risk of skin “sticking” to the cover, causing friction and skin tears.
Additional Clinical Benefits:
- Positioning: Side bolsters maintain the position of legs on the surface. Gel-infused foam promotes maximum immersion and protection should lower legs move during sleep and make contact with the cushion.
- Comfort: Gel-infused foam reduces heat and humidity, leading to discomfort. Immersion allows full contact and reduces pressure points along the lower extremities. The cushion is not attached to the body and therefore allows for movement of legs while sleeping, enhancing client comfort.
- Breathable Stretch Cover: The cover is designed with pressure distribution characteristics (stretch and breathability) to ensure optimal performance of the gel-infused foam. The cover incorporates ultrasonic welded seam technology to meet infection and pest control standards. The GripEx bottom fabric reduces movement and sliding against the mattress surface to maintain position. The zipper is placed on the bottom of the cover to reduce any potential contact with the skin.
- Durability: A high-density base layer is used to maintain shape, provide structure, and keep the Elevate in place. High-density foam has a longer useful life and will ensure the Elevate stays in place.
- CertiPUR-US® & BioFlx®: The CertiPUR-US® seal means the Elevate has been tested to meet rigorous standards for emissions, content, performance, and durability. The foam is made without ozone depleters and other harmful chemicals. Our BioFlx® foam has the same high comfort and performance with a smaller environmental footprint by replacing fossil fuel ingredients with natural seed-based oils such as soybeans, which lessens greenhouse gas emissions.
- Easy-to-clean: The cover is designed to be cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant wipes to promote ease of cleaning and infection control. The cover is fluid-resistant, non-allergenic, antibacterial, and tested to ensure a long life in all care environments.
Elevate Quick User Guide 2023-12-01
Elevate Information Sheet 2023-12-01
Dimensions: 26″ x 18″ x 5″ (L x W x H)
Call 604-821-0075 or request details about the Elevate Heel Elevation Cushion using the form below.
View our service area for Lower Mainland or Vancouver Island delivery. Learn More
Question about the Elevate Heel Elevation Cushion ?
About Evergreen Medical Products
Making life comfortable
Evergreen surfaces are designed to prevent and manage skin injuries using alternating pressure and low air loss therapies. Our surfaces offer your clients an optimal environment for skin protection, rest, and healing. Evergreen therapies are slow moving, gentle and soothing to offer clients comfort. Surfaces are designed from a clinician’s perspective – making them intuitive to use and suitable for all patient care environments. We work with leading Clinical Educators to communicate current best practices for skin protection and healing.
More Products from Evergreen Medical Products