- Color coded loops for identification and noted in individual’s care plan for later reference
- Covered strap connections points to protect the skin
- Sling label serves as a sling information reference
- User care plan is supplied with every sling
- Guide handles to facilitate correct handling during transfers
- Center markers assists the caregiver in correctly positioning the sling
- Available in either mesh, quilted material, or padded fabric
- Side straps even the weight distribution and therefore the sling is more comfortable
- Quilted leg sections and no binding on outer leg section for added comfort
- Generous commode aperture for toileting
- Slip fit material on outer leg sections to aid sling application/removal
Universal slings should be assessed for the proper size by utilizing the point at which the shoulder strap attaches to the sling body. This point should:
Height: Fall between the deltoid point and the top of the ear
Width/Circumference: Fall between the anterior crease of the shoulder (point at which the deltoid muscle and chest meet) and the center line of the body
The need for head support, when using the Universal sling, needs to be determined. The leg straps should also be assessed to determine if there is an appropriate amount of material available, to ensure comfort of the sling.
||4 – 5’6″
||43 – 68
||95 – 150
||5′ – 6′
||56 – 113
||125 – 250
||6′ – 7′
||113 – 181
||250 – 400
||6′ – 7′
||181 – 218
||400 – 480
Call 604-821-0075 or request details about the Universal Sling using the form below.
View our service area for Lower Mainland or Vancouver Island delivery. Learn More
Question about the Universal Sling ?
About Handicare Canada
Handicare offers a wide range of high-quality products that includes scooters, manual wheelchairs, ramp systems and bath lifts.
More Products from Handicare Canada